Schools across the country have raised funds for their school safety patrols by:
- Hosting a movie for students and selling popcorn.
- Holding a bake sale.
- Contacting fundraising companies that provide sale items.
- Creating buttons or stickers for a small cost.
- Offering a gift-wrap service during the holidays.
- Car washes.
- Collecting recyclables.
- Setting up a compost heap “fed” by classrooms and the cafeteria each day. Sell bags of fertilizer in the spring.
- Obtaining plants or seedlings from the parks department and selling them to the community.
- Setting up a booth at a town street fair or similar community celebration and providing face-painting or simple goods and services.
- Holding a safety fair and inviting AAA, the Red Cross and other safety organizations to participate.
- Challenging students to a walk-a-thon, bike-a-thon – with helmets – or bowl-a-thon and asking sponsors to pledge contributions.