Carpool/Parent Drop-Off Areas
Parent drop-off and pick-up areas are very dangerous. Here are some tips to do your job safely:
- While on duty at pick-up/drop-off areas, patrollers should be available to open doors for younger students or those who have their hands full.
- Do not allow students to reach under a vehicle to pick something up for any reason.
- Notify an adult if a student drops something. Never reach under a vehicle or bus. Leave this job to a teacher or another adult.
- If there is no teacher present, notify your patrol sponsor.
- Remind kids to stay on the sidewalk and cross in designated crossing areas only.