Sometimes, you may see children who are acting unsafe at your post. If so, here are some things to keep in mind:
- If you see children being unsafe at your post, ask them nicely to stop the unsafe behavior.
- If the behavior continues, report this activity to your patrol sponsor.
- Adults may cross at your post, but remember, they do not have to follow your directions.
- If parents are there with children, they may cross along with the other kids, but parents do not have to follow your instructions.
- Never argue with parents.
- Let your patrol sponsor know about any issue.
- If you see a traffic violation, write down the vehicle’s color and tag number and report it to your patrol sponsor. Your patrol sponsor will alert the police of any recurring incidents.
- If you witness a traffic collision, stay at your post, keep kids out of the street and send someone to the school to report the crash to an adult.