Being on the School Safety Patrol has lots of benefits. Being a patroller, you will gain:
- Safety awareness.
- Leadership skills.
- Citizenship and community service.
- Respect for law enforcement.
Your school will benefit, too, as you help promote:
- Traffic safety awareness.
- Peer-to-peer communication.
- Character-building opportunities.
- A constructive outlet for student energy.
- A positive relationship with parents, law enforcement and the overall community.
Your community also will benefit from:
- Safer environments for pedestrians and motorists.
- A spirit of volunteerism and civic-mindedness.
- A positive collaboration between students, parents, schools and law enforcement.