Appearance is important!
- Wear your issued patrol belt with the black buckle in front. You should pin your badge at chest level on the front of the belt.
- Arrive at your post neat and clean.
- Dress appropriately for cold weather, wearing your belt and badge over your winter coat.
- If you wear the AAA poncho, you don’t need to wear your belt and badge. If you wear your own raincoat, wear your belt and badge over your coat.
- Do not use an umbrella while on duty. Keep your hands free for signaling.
- Carry a pen and paper to keep track of administrative items and traffic violations.