Time Management Tips
- Plan your clothing and make sure your belt and badge are ready the night before so you do not feel rushed when reporting for duty.
- Check the weather the night before so you can prepare yourself for the conditions.
- Make sure you have a poncho or hat with you or in a location that will be easy to access when you need them most.
- Leave for school a few minutes early so you do not need to rush to your post.
- Find a safe place to store your backpack and personal items out of the way of the crosswalk.
- Walkie-talkies can be used to communicate with other patrollers or your patrol advisor, allowing you to remain at your post.
- Balancing your school work and the duties of the patrol can be tough. Make sure you schedule your afternoons with time to do both.
- Schedule monthly “maintenance” or cleaning of your badge and other patrol items.
- Speak to your patrol advisor about time management tips and balancing priorities.